Sunday, June 13, 2010

Guess what ..... more snakes!!

It was a very exciting day today because we finally got to go to Khao Phanom Bencha, but I'll have to save that story for another day because the excitement really started when we got back. Our dear friend the Golden Tree Snake is back. I had just sat down in the living room to rest after our hiking trip at Phanom Bencha and out of the corner of my eye I see this snake moving across the window sill by the front door ... and he's INSIDE. He had been sitting on a table next to the window and I guess decided it was time to move on. After yelling for my able assistant, Dusty, we set about trying to figure out a way to get the door open so that he could make his exit. With a bit of finesse we managed and he took off out the front door and across the yard to Athan and Sakorn's garden. Good riddance we thought.

But its not over. Within 15 minutes, I went into the bedroom where Dusty was curled up on the bed surfing on her laptop. I plopped down next to her hoping to finally catch a quick nap, but I look over and coming down the window is another Golden Tree Snake but at least 50% bigger. This time he was OUTSIDE thank God! We rushed outside to check him out and he was headed into the air conditioning unit. After a couple quick raps on the housing he came out and took off for the bushes.

Its about 6:30 in the evening now and we are hoping that's it for today. We need to get some dinner and its hard when you are looking over your shoulder all the time waiting to see something move!

Phanom Bencha was great. Pictures and stuff tomorrow, assuming we survive the night.

No comments: